I’ve been spending more and more time on the back porch as the nights are getting cooler, and while I love a good beer there’s something about mixing up a simple cocktail that just hits the spot. Believe me when I say that this Bourbon Peach Smash does just that.
Now don’t let the look of this drink intimidate you because it’s actually an easy one to put together with its 5 ingredients. The most time intensive part t is making a simple syrup, and knowing that ahead of time I made a larger batch of the stuff (it’s great in coffee) a few days before I made this cocktail. After that it was as simple as slicing the peaches, tossing them in a glass with mint and the simple syrup, muddling the three together, filling the glass with ice, and last but not least topping off with bourbon. Get the full recipe below!Print
- Handful of diced peaches
- 2–3 mint leaves
- 1.5 oz. honey simple syrup
- 2 oz. bourbon
- Crushed ice
- Start by making the simple syrup by combining equal parts water + honey (i.e. 1 cup of water and 1 cup of honey), bring to boil, and then reduce the heat to low stirring continuously until all honey is dissolved (roughly 3-5 minutes). Set aside to allow to cool to room temperate before making the cocktails.
- While syrup is cooling rinse, pit, and dice 2 large peaches. Set aside.
- Once syrup is cool combine peaches, mint, and syrup in a glass.
- Muddle until all ingredients are melded together.
- Add crushed ice, filling to top of glass.
- Pour bourbon over the ice, stir to combine, and enjoy.
- 2 large peaches, pitted and diced, will make 4 drinks.
- Simple syrup will last up to a week and is great in your morning coffee, because of that I’d recommend making a batch prior to making the cocktails. If the syrup is fresh and too hot the ice will melt once it hits the glass.
Photography by Josh Johnson
Follow The Kentucky Gent on Follow