- Handful of diced peaches
- 2-3 mint leaves
- 1.5 oz. honey simple syrup
- 2 oz. bourbon
- Crushed ice
- Start by making the simple syrup by combining equal parts water + honey (i.e. 1 cup of water and 1 cup of honey), bring to boil, and then reduce the heat to low stirring continuously until all honey is dissolved (roughly 3-5 minutes). Set aside to allow to cool to room temperate before making the cocktails.
- While syrup is cooling rinse, pit, and dice 2 large peaches. Set aside.
- Once syrup is cool combine peaches, mint, and syrup in a glass.
- Muddle until all ingredients are melded together.
- Add crushed ice, filling to top of glass.
- Pour bourbon over the ice, stir to combine, and enjoy.
- 2 large peaches, pitted and diced, will make 4 drinks.
- Simple syrup will last up to a week and is great in your morning coffee, because of that I’d recommend making a batch prior to making the cocktails. If the syrup is fresh and too hot the ice will melt once it hits the glass.