This post has been sponsored by Schweppes®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.So, I have a confession to make. It’s taken me much, much longer than it should have for me to jump on the wine wagon. But now that I’m on board – I’m all in. From Sangrias to a straight up delicious glass of Cabernet Sauvignon I don’t tend to be too picky.
And with the cooler weather moving in to stay my current favorite is a riff on a summer staple, a wine spritzer. It’s only fitting though that I swapped out white wine for red wine and added season appropriate flavors like blackberries and cranberries. Schweppe’s® Black Cherry Sparkling Water is the perfect thing to top of the spritzer with, and the taste just adds to the flavor profile. It’s a win, win.
Best part about this recipe? Easily one of the quickest cocktails I’ve shared on the site, and more often than not most ingredients will already be in your house. Except for possibly the fresh fruit and/or the Schweppes Sparkling Water. BUT lucky for you and I, Schweppes Sparkling Water is now available at your local Walmart. Meaning it’s easier than ever to pick up while grabbing your other usual staples as well.
Besides the occasional cocktail and staple cup(s) of coffee in the morning the only beverage in my home is water. Thankfully an old friend helped me kick the soda habit years ago. I definitely do still crave the carbonation from time to time though, which is why I always keep a pack of Schweppes in my fridge.
Best part? They’ve got a flavor for just about every season – like Black Cherry (my personal favorite), Lemon Lime, Raspberry Lime, and Orange. Not to mention, all of the above would make for GREAT additions to another riffs on wine spritzers over the months. Orange would also go VERY nicely in today’s recipe as I was kicking myself for not picking up a few to include in the wine reduction after I left Walmart. Usually how it works though, right?
Oh and before I forget! Don’t forget to upload your receipt to schweppesholidaytw.com from 11/15-12/22 to receive a free festive Schweppes scarf. So you can enjoy your festive wine spritzer while looking your best. What’s not to love?Print
- Schweppes Black Cherry Sparkling Water
- 1 bottle red wine
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup chopped cranberries
- ½ cup chopped blackberries
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- ¼ tsp. cloves, whole
- 2 star anise pods
- Combine wine, sugar, cranberries, blackberries, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and star anise pods in medium saucepan.
- Bring to a rolling boil then lower heat and reduce for 10-15 minutes or until wine slightly begins to thicken.
- Use a fine mesh strainer strain to separate the wine from the rest of the ingredients.
- Allow wine to cool to room temperature before placing in refrigerator.
- Once ready to be served, fill a glass halfway with red wine and top with Schweppes Sparkling Water.