I almost can’t believe that when I begun working on this post yesterday I was sitting on my front porch, drinking an iced coffee, in the middle of January. First time for everything, right? While the weather may not be quite that warm this weekend, there’s still plenty of things to celebrate – like my birthday.
What I’m Most Looking Forward To
National Peanut Butter Day at The Comfy Cow. I mean, do I really need to say much else? What could be better than a day that celebrates peanut butter, unless it also happens to land on my birthday. Essentially, it’s a god send.
- On January 24th The Comfy Cow will be offering free peanut butter toppings to celebrate National Peanut Butter Day (and my birthday) from open until close at all their locations.
Great Flood Brewing Company is commemorating the Great Flood of 1937 with their 1st Annual Flood Week Celebration. There’s something going on every day this weekend, and in keeping with their usual schedule Thursday will be Gus Bus Trivia night but will feature questions about the history of Louisville & the Great Flood.
- Trivia begins at 7:30 and runs until 10. Winners will receive Cafe Lou Lou gift cards for first and second place.
“It Takes Two” will be performing a free, all ages show as part of Great Flood Brewing Companies 1st Annual Flood Week Celebration.
- The boys go on at 8 and play until midnight. They will be dressed like they’re straight out of 1930, and attendees are encouraged to do the same.
- Doors open at 7, showtime at 8 with performances by Reva Deveraux, Cadillac Seville, Margo Davis, Shante, and CeCe Davenport.
- Party begins at 8 and runs until 3. Some local favorites will take the stage beginning at 9 as Jalin Roze & Saving Our Style get the fun started, followed by the Pass at 10, Shane Cody of Houndmouth at 11, and Twin Limb closes out the entertainment portion of the evening.
- Run begins at 8 am at the Big Four Bridge. Distances vary based on level of experience + which race is being ran. More information is available here.
Not a runner? Put your pen the paper with Louisville Writer’s Workshop.
- The event is held at the Main Free Public Library from 9:45 – 1:30. More information or to register, contact [email protected].
Happy Birthday to me!
- I’ll be out celebrating at Play, if you’re in the Louisville area feel free to come tip the drag queens with me.
Local jazz/swing group Swing 39 are transforming Great Flood Brewing Company into a dance floor, complete with authentic swing dancers.
- Fun begins at 8 pm and runs until midnight.
While there’s not much “officially” going on this Sunday, there’s always plenty of places to grab brunch, drink some Bloody Mary’s, and set the tone for a great week ahead. If you know me well, you know where to find me continuing to celebrate my birthday weekend.
- Silver Dollar, open 10 am – 3 pm
- Harvest, open 10 am – 2:30 pm
- Ghyslain, open 9 am – 8 pm
- Proof, open 10 am – 1 pm
- Toast, open 8 am – 2 pm
Last but not least, is anyone reading this Out N Lou posts? Serious question though. When I first started writing these I thought it was a good idea, but now I’m kind of wondering if it’s what you guys want, or not. Leave me a comment below (you can comment as a guest just fyi), and let me know!
Image Courtesy of Comfy Cow’s Facebook Page