After taking last weekend off to celebrate – by celebrate I mean sleep off all the food I consumed – I’m back with a special edition of Out N Lou. As most of y’all know, especially if you’re from Louisville, we like to drink around these parts, and this weekend there’s going to be PLENTY of drinking going on as we celebrate Repeal Day. Conveniently located halfway between Thanksgiving and Christmas — at a time when most Americans are probably not spending time with family — Repeal Day presents a wonderful occasion to get together with friends and pay tribute to our constitutional right to drink as much as we please. Below you’ll find a list of The Kentucky Gent approved places to get your drink on, and if you’re curious where to find me I’ll be at Louisville Magazine’s SWIG tasting event (tickets here) on Friday night followed by Midwest Rum Fest on Saturday!
- Toast the repeal of Prohibition with Louisville Magazine at the first annual SWIG tasting event, featuring local beers, bourbon, wine, and brandy.
- Join the finest, local shops and galleries on South 4th St. for holiday shopping and celebrate National Repeal Day with bourbon tastings that are just a nickel.
- Head back to the 1930s with The Exchange Pub + Kitchen.
- Come down to Rye and celebrate Repeal Day with $7 Bulleit cocktails!
- I hope you fellas kept those mustaches around after Movember cause Garage Bar is hosting a Speakeasy party complete with a facial hair contest.
- Jim Bean is teaming up with The Monkey Wrench to host a Postmodern Repeal Day Party.
- The team at Proof on Main think that the Repeal of Prohibition is the perfect reason to celebrate, and by celebrate they mean enjoying a few cocktails.
- Celebrate Repeal Day inside the Evan Williams Bourbon Experience Prohibition Era Speakeasy Bar.
- And since you’ll be consuming plenty of spirits it’s probably a safe bet that you shouldn’t be driving, sober up in between stops with a ride on the trolley at the Republic Bank First Friday Trolley Hop.
- Celebrate Play Louisville’s One Year Anniversary with the legends Danielle Hunter, Tommie Ross and Chelsea Pearl, and the cast of the Playmates.
- Join the producers of Taste of Rum Puerto Rico, the Official National Rum Fest for an event that originated in 2009 in Puerto Rico to promote Puerto Rican Rums to tourists.
- Visit Norton Commons on December 6th and take care of all your holiday needs while shopping local.
- Experience Light Up St. Matthews with the lighting of Brown Park for the Holiday!
- Dont’ miss the Bardstown Road Aglow that has been going on since 1985!
- The Flea Off Market heads indoors this month with two floors of handmade gifts and jewelry, puppets, records, books, pottery, and a wide selection of what our local maker community has to offer.
- Round off Sunday Funday with a Sunday Night Brunch at Grind Burger Kitchen, cause why not? They’ll have beer cocktails, super fun beer cocktails.
As always, have a fun weekend, drink responsibly, tag your photo with #OutNLou, and say hey if you see me out. Till next week!