I’m sharing #SausageFamily in my life as part of a Johnsonville sponsored series for Socialstars™.
I’ll be the first to admit while I love breakfast and brunch just as much as the next guy I absolutely hate, I repeat hate, waking up and making breakfast every morning. When I hop out of bed in the morning the first thing that comes to mind is tackling my ever-growing to-do list, not slaving over a stove for 30 minutes to an hour. If you find yourself in a similar boat then you’re in luck because these Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sliders are going to be your saving grace.
The best part about these breakfast sliders is that you can whip up an enough to last you all week in less than 30 minutes, and then heat them up in the morning while you’re waiting for your coffee to brew.
I was considering making a sauce for these guys, cause let’s be real for a minute everything tastes better with a little sauce on it, but after the first round of taste testing I decided against it. The Johnsonville Breakfast Sausage pack plenty of flavor all by themselves, and the combination of their tasty sausage with sharp white cheddar were good enough for me to go back for seconds and thirds.
But I digress.. these guys are great for all the above mentioned reasons, but mostly because they’re a quick and easy breakfast solution that still tastes delicious.Print
Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sliders
- 1 package Johnsonville Breakfast Sausage
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 8 Kings Hawaiian rolls (or similar option)
- Thinly sliced white cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together eggs, almond milk, salt, and pepper in mixing bowl.
- Pour into prepared 9×13 baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then transfer to cutting board.
- Using biscuit cutter or a small drinking glass to cut out circular shapes.
- Slice each roll in half.
- Butter both sides.
- Toast under a broiler for 1-2 minutes per side (watch carefully cause they will burn.)
- Add to non-stick pan, cover with lid, and cook for 8-9 minutes.
- Place sausage on bottom of toasted roll, top with egg, and last with cheese.
- Stick back under the broiler until cheese begins to melt.
- Remove immediately and enjoy!
- These sandwiches freeze well, and can be heated up in 2-3 minutes under a broiler or in the microwave. Make a whole batch on Sunday, and then you’ll have breakfast sliders to enjoy all week!
Food Photography by Josh Johnson
Before you go.. Like what you see?