This post has been sponsored by Frito-Lay, but as always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Now that Derby is over, and life is returning to normal here in Louisville we all have our eyes set on the next prize. Spending the warmer months outside as much as possible. For me that means plenty of time at Waterfront Park, trips to the lake, and grilling out with friends. This time of year is hands down my favorite. Gone are the days of staying inside (which I also adore) under a blanket. Now we don our short shorts, lather on the sunscreen, and enjoy the sun. After a long, and fairly cold, winter I seriously need some Vitamin D in my life.
It’s no secret that I’m the one that handles the majority of the cooking with my friend group. Something I’m 100% fine with. But this time of year I enjoy spending as little time in the kitchen as possible. Because who wants to be slaving away over the stove while your friends are outside having fun?!
Enter today’s Three Cheese Doritos Stuffed Sliders that are perfect for a day at the lake or any backyard BBQ. And trust me when I say that you’ll be the MVP of the party with these guys. Doritos are worked into the hamburger mix, and then the patties get stuffed with Sharp White Cheddar, Pepperjack, and Mild Cheddar. Making them one of the best burgers I’ve ever whipped up.
Better yet there are only a handful of ingredients in the mix, and they can be prepared up to 4 days in advance! So even the most kitchen averse individuals (looking at you fellas!) can tackle these sliders with no problem. Watch the video below to see how to make them for yourself, and get more recipe inspiration from Frito-Lay’s Pinterest board! Because this time of year one can never have too many good recipes on hand. In other words, get to pinning!
HOW TO MAKE THREE CHEESE DORITO STUFFED SLIDERS:Print
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup crushed Doritos
- 1 egg
- Sharp White Cheddar Cheese, thinly sliced
- Pepperjack Cheese, thinly sliced
- Mild Cheddar, thinly sliced
- Season ground beef with salt and pepper, add crushed Doritos and eggs, mix together thoroughly.
- Form into patties, fill with sliced cheeses, top with second patty, and seal edges.
- Grill 5-6 minutes per side, remove from grill, and allow to cool.
- Top with desired condiments and enjoy!
- The hamburger mix can be made up to 3-4 days in advance, but I would recommend not stuffing with cheese until day of!