Disclosure: Messaging below is intended for ages 21+ and is intended to be enjoyed responsibly, in moderation. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RefreshinglyIndependent #CollectiveBias
What better way to celebrate #TacoTuesday than with a delicious and fresh take on traditional tacos?! There’s a local BBQ restaurant in Louisville that serves up Mexican style tacos, and that’s where the inspiration for today’s post comes from. Say hello to BBQ Pulled Pork Tacos, y’all!
But to truly celebrate Summer in all its glory I whipped up a BBQ using Warsteiner Dunkel to take these guys to the next level. Why? Because it’s a Munich-style dark lager with an incredibly smooth taste. Meaning that is pairs perfectly with hearty meats and spicy foods!
Top these beauties off with some fresh corn salsa and a drizzle of BBQ sauce, serve with an ice-cold beer, and it is a feast fit for a king. Ready to try them out for yourself? Get the recipe at the bottom of this post. AND Total Wine is actually having over 450 live events from now until July 1st where you can sample 3 Warsteiner beers – Warsteiner German Pilsener, Warsteiner Dunkel, and Warsteiner Grapefruit.
Plus here are some coupons for $1 Off 6-Pack and $2 Off 12-Pack. Now get to shopping! You can use this Warsteiner Store Finder to find where they’re sold nearest you, and as always, check out Warsteiner.com to keep up-to-date with all brand happenings.
MORE INFO ABOUT WARSTEINER:
- The same German family still brews Warsteiner to this day. Focusing on continuous improvement and innovation in ingredient sourcing, brewing technique, packaging and consumer delight.
- Warsteiner is uniquely brewed in Germany using water from the Arnsberg Forest which sets the scenery right outside and surrounding the brewery. This soft water is ideal for brewing and is in accordance with the German Beer Purity Law of 1516.
- Warsteiner is enjoyed amongst friends and family around the world. In over 70 countries, you can find a Warsteiner.
BBQ Pulled Pork Tacos
- 1 lb. pork ribs
- 12 oz. Warsteiner Dunkle
- 4 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Corn tortillas
- Corn salsa
- Pickled jalapeños
- Fresh cojita cheese
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees, bake ribs on rack in oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cover with foil, and then return to oven for an additional 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool, shred with fork.
- In cast iron skillet add the Warsteiner Dunkle, tomato paste, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper and whisk to combine. Bring to boil, and then reduce over medium-low heat until sauce has thickened.
- Assemble tacos by placing pulled pork in corn tortillas and topping with corn salsa, jalapeños, and cojita cheese then drizzle with BBQ sauce.