I’m sharing #SausageFamily in my life as part of a Johnsonville sponsored series for Socialstars™.
It’s gotten far too easier for me to order takeout instead of making dinner after a long day of meetings, content creation, and anything else that may come my way – especially when the sun was setting at 5 o’clock, and I’d come home to a pitch black kitchen. But now that it’s staying light longer I’m settling back into the groove of making myself dinner.
First up: an old faithful dish. Pasta.
You can’t go wrong with a warm, hearty dish of pasta, and the best part is it that it makes for perfect leftovers!
There are some nights where I still don’t feel like throwing together dinner after working all day, and that’s when dishes like this come in handy.
Spicy Sausage Rigatoni
- 3 cups rigatoni pasta
- 1 lb. Johnsonville mild sausage
- 1/2 white onion, finely diced
- 2 gloves garlic, diced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Add 1 tbsp. oil olive to pan and bring to medium-low heat.
- Add onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until translucent.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add Johnsonville mild sausage to pan and cook until no longer pink.
- Combine tomatoes, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper with onions, garlic, and sausage, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- While sauce is simmering cook pasta according to package directions.
- Once pasta is finished cooking, drain, and add to pan of sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve topped with fresh grated parmesan cheese.
Photos taken by Josh Johnson
Before you go.. Like what you see?