I’m sharing #SausageFamily in my life as part of a Johnsonville sponsored series for Socialstars™.
Stuffing is one of two side-dishes at Thanksgiving that I always, always pile up high and typically return for seconds of, but up until this year I’ve actually never tried my own hand at making stuffing. It always seemed complicated and intense, but after whipping up this Savory Sausage Stuffing with Johnsonville Sausage I’ll definitely be making my own for years to come.
Savory Sausage Stuffing
- 1 loaf of Italian bread, cubed
- 3 medium yellow onions, diced
- 6 stalks celery, diced
- 2 Granny Smith Apples, diced
- 8 tbsp. butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried sage
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees, bake cubed bread for 10 minutes, then transfer to large mixing bowl.
- Once complete increase temp to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in saute pan, add onions, celery, thyme, sage, salt, pepper, and apples, saute for 10 minutes or until tender, add to mixing bowl.
- In same saute pan cook sausage until cooked through, breaking up with back of spoon as it cooks, add to mixing bowl with chicken broth and raisins, stir to combine all ingredients.
- Transfer to 9 x 12 baking dish and cook for 45 minutes to an hour, or until bread on top is browned.