Disclosure: This shop is compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KickinItWithKikkoman #CollectiveBias
Now that I’m finally all settled into the new apartment I’m ready to get back into the kitchen. I’ve still got a few things left to find full-time homes for, but for the most part the kitchen is fully unpacked. Next up is restocking my pantry and fridge since I did my best to eat through everything before the move.
That’ll have to wait until next week though as I’m about to head to Chicago for the a few days. Meaning that I’ve been making what lives in my kitchen currently work for me. Kikkoman® Soy always, always, always has a place in my fridge, and when I was craving steak this weekend I found myself reaching for it. Why? Because it makes for the perfect marinade for steak. It imparts an incredible taste while helping tenderize the meat. It’s a win, win situation. Especially when the marinade is loaded with spice from red pepper flakes and sweetness from molasses.
Kikkoman® is not just Asian sauces and marinades – it’s more mainstream and versatile, perfect for summer holiday grilling occasions and day-to-day grilling recipes for weeknights. It’s safe to say the are the first things I reach for when I begin to marinate any type of meat. From salmon to chicken and everything in between, it’s a delicious option to take your dishes to the next level. Need some more recipe ideas? Then you’re in luck, some of my favorites are rounded up here. And of course Kikkoman®’s site is also full of amazing recipe ideas PLUS a coupon so you can try one of the recipes out for yourselves.Print
Garlic Soy Marinated Steak
- 1/4 cup Kikkoman® Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. molases
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Whisk all ingredients together in mixing bowl, place steak in sealable bag, pour marinade into bag, agitate to coat thoroughly, and allow to marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat skillet over high heat until hot, season both sides of steak with salt and pepper, then place in hot skillet.
- Cook on each side for 3 minutes, remove from heat, and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing against the grain.
- Remove steak from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking to allow to come to room temperature.