Nachos that are basically guilt free and are more salad than carb loaded snack? Sign me up. Since Mexico is coming up in a few weeks after all. Summer body? What’s that?
And these Loaded Cauliflower Nachos also happen to be the perfect way to celebrate Pride Month. Since they’re basically a rainbow on a plate AND aren’t too terrible for your waistline. Meaning they’re sure to be a hit at any Pride party this year, because after all nachos are always a crowd favorite.
Now what if I told you that you could celebrate AND support your local LGBT community at the same time? I know it sounds too good to be true, but it’s not. Which is why I’m incredibly excited to have teamed up with Kroger for today’s post.
The Kroger Family of Stores will be celebrating Pride Month in store while supporting and donating to the local community. They’re bringing together vendors (like Anheuser Busch, Campbell’s/Pepperidge Farm, Pepsi, Frito-Lay, E. & J. Gallo, and Hershey) that authentically support LGBT issues in joint displays to encourage everyone to purchase equality-friendly products. In an effort to not only show support for diversity, but also to help local organizations. Like Pride Friends for Life in Louisville and Lexington and GLSEN in Cincinnati, which are two organizations that I personally love and support.
By supporting these organizations Kroger is ensuring that at risk LGBT youth have access to safe and nutritious food – something that is often times first to go, especially if they happen to be homeless.
Obviously this post hits incredibly close to home for me. And I’m incredibly honored to be standing alongside these amazing forward-thinking companies to support a community that feels more oppressed than ever. Now will you join me? Find your local Kroger store here and get the recipe for today’s Loaded Cauliflower Nachos below.
Feeling extra generous? Share this message with your friends and family and encourage them to support as well. Together we can make sure that this world is a safe place for EVERYONE. Because at this point, we’ve all got to band together and fight for what’s right.
Loaded Cauliflower Nachos
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets and sliced in half
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Olive oil
- 1 orange pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 jalapenos, sliced
- 5-6 variety tomatoes, diced or cubed
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 1 tbsp. diced jalapenos
- 8 oz. Monterrey jack cheese, shredded
- 6 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, toss cauliflower in olive oil, place on parchment paper lined baking sheet, top with cumin, salt, and chili powder. Bake for 20-25 minutes until crisp.
- While cauliflower is roasting, melt butter in saucepan, once melted add jalapenos and cook for 2-3 minutes, pour in ½ cup milk and raise heat to medium-high. Add flour to saucepan and whisk to combine, continue to whisk until all flour is dissolved and no clumps are left. Add remainder of milk; bring to simmer, stirring consistently, and cook until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat, stir in shredded cheeses, handful at a time, until all has been melted. Season with salt and pepper, and then adjust to taste.
- Top roasted cauliflower with tomatoes, red onions, orange peppers, and jalapenos, and then pour cheese sauce over all the vegetables. Top with any remaining diced vegetables and serve immediately!