If your family is anything like mine by this time of your night you’re about to be reaching for the liquor cabinet (hell, I’ve been sipping on my bourbon all day). When you’re winding down from a long day there’s nothing more relaxing than a warm cup of tea in my opinion, but sometimes tea by itself just doesn’t do it for ya. That’s where the Hot Toddy comes into play.
- 24 ounces water
- 1 whole nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 star anise
- 1 tablespoon crushed allspice
- 3/4 ounce agave
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1 ounce honey water (combine equal parts honey and water)
- 6 ounces of your favorite bourbon (Bulleit is my bourbon of choice, duh)
- Bring water to a simmer on the stove.
- Crush nutmeg.
- Add cloves, cinnamon, star anise, allspice, and nutmeg to water.
- Add agave and lemon juice and let simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add honey water and stir.
- Pour into a glass and add 2 ounces bourbon.
Shop My Favorite Kitchenwares: