Whenever I’m having a bad day, or I need to get away for a minute I head into the kitchen and start to bake. Today, I’m sharing my tried and true recipe for what, in my opinion, are the best chocolate chip cookies around. I may be biased since they’re my own, but I made these for the Modern Makers Media launch party, and everyone was raving about them. Don’t believe me? Try them for yourself.
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter flavored Crisco
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (12 ounces) chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl, set aside.
- Beat butter, sugars, and vanilla in large bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time into butter mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually fold in flour mixture.
- Stir in morsels.
- Roll into small balls and place onto un-greased baking sheets.
- Bake in oven for 9 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand for 2 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- The trick to these cookies is the butter flavored Crisco. Once you try it, you won’t go back.