- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 tsp. active dry yeast
- 2 cups flour
- 28 oz. whole tomatoes
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Red pepper flakes
- 5–6 garlic cloves
- Basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Add yeast to warm water, whisk to combine.
- Add salt and flour and mix until rough dough has formed.
- Transfer to floured service and work with hands, adding in more flour as you go, until dough is no longer sticky.
- Place dough back into bowl, cover with towel, and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Once rested, divide down into two equal segments and roll into desired shape and size.
- Transfer to parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- While crust is baking, combine tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes in food processor and blend until sauce has formed.
- Top crust with desired amount of sauce, then top with sausage and mozzarella, bake for an additional 10 minutes, rotating half way through.
- Top with fresh basil, red pepper flakes, and enjoy!