- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup boiling water
- ¼ cup toasted sesame seed oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced scallion greens
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- In large mixing bowl add flour and slowly pour in boiling water tablespoon at a time while mixing with a wooden spoon until dough comes together.
- Transfer to floured work surface and knead until dough is smooth and no longer sticky.
- Place back in bowl, cover with plastic wrap and a damp towel, then allow to raise on kitchen counter for 30 minutes or longer.
- Once dough has risen divide the ball into 4 equal segments and roll them into roughly 8-inch disks.
- Using a pastry brush paint sesame oil over the top layer of each disk, sprinkle scallions on top, and then tightly roll the dough as you would a burrito, shape back into a ball, and roll the ball into a 6-inch disk.
- Heat oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat until shimmering, and then place the pancake into the hot oil. Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy.