- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Ale-8-One
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp. minced ginger
- 2 tsp. Ale-8-One Simple Syrup
- 6–8 mint leaves
- Crushed ice
- 1.5 oz. bourbon
- Combine water, Ale-8-One, sugar, and minced ginger to a stovetop pot.
- Simmer gently for 5-10 minutes until desired consistency is reached.
- Gently muddle simple syrup and mint leave in a silver julep cup.
- Fill cup with crushed ice.
- Add bourbon and fill cup with Ale-8.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint.
- Add more or less water or sugar to reach your desired syrup consistency. Syrup should be thick, not runny.