- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes (No Sodium)
- 2 Tsp. Salt
- 2 Tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp. Chili Powder
- 2 Tsp. Sugar
- 1 Package of Johnsonville® Italian Sausage
- Bring water, olive oil, and salt to boil.
- Cook pasta for 12 minutes.
- Add 2 tsp. of olive oil to pan, brown on all sides (5 minutes).
- Add 1/2 cup of water to pan and allow to simmer for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Once cooled slice on the diagonal.
- Combine all ingredients in sauce pan and bring to boil.
- Simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- More/less salt can be used, but only if you use no sodium tomatoes. Which is why this recipe is bomb.com, especially if you’re training for a race because salt isn’t your friend at that time.