- 4–5 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. coarse salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 2–3 bay leaves
- 2 ribs of celery
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- Add chicken breasts to quart pan.
- Cover with celery, carrots, and onion.
- Add enough water to cover chicken completely.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken cooks through.
- Spices can be adjusted to fit your personal taste as well as the recipe you’re using them in.