- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- Cream together butter, peanut butter, vanilla, and salt on low speed in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Continue mixing until mixture is creamed thoroughly.
- Fold in 2 cups of powdered sugar at a time until mixture is slightly tacking and begins to form a ball around your mixer.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out the mixture and form into the shape of an egg.
- Transfer your eggs to a wax paper lined sheet and put in the freezer for an hour.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips and vegetable shortening until throughly melted.
- Immerse the egg in the chocolate until fully coated, carefully remove and transfer to wax paper to dry completely.