- Olive oil
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 mild Italian sausage
- 2 medium bell peppers, diced
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 4 gloves garlic, diced
- 28 oz. of tomato sauce
- 28 oz. of crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp. flat lead parsley, diced
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 10 lasagna noodles
- 8 oz. Ricotta cheese
- 24 oz. Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 8 oz. Parmesan, grated
- 8 oz. Asiago, grated
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- While oven is preheating bring pot of salted water to boil.
- Brown beef and pork in large skillet with olive oil.
- Once browned on all sides, remove from pan and allow to drain.
- Add onions, peppers, and garlic to pan, season with salt and pepper, and cook 4-5 minutes until softened.
- Add meats back to pan and stir to combine, reduce heat to low.
- Once water is boiling cook lasagna noodles for 4 minutes, drain in colander, and rinse with cold water. Remove from colander and place on baking sheet, coating with olive oil to keep from sticking.
- In pot where you cooked lasagna noodles add tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, seasonings, and meat and vegetable mixture. Bring to boil. Cover and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Begin to assemble the lasagna by coating bottom of baking dish with sauce, add a layer of noodles, cover with sauce, a layer of cheese, and repeat until dish is filled.
- Top with remaining Asiago and Parmesan cheeses.
- Cover with foil, insert toothpicks into dish to keep cheese from sticking to foil, and bake covered for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and place under broiler on high for 5 minutes or until cheese begins to bubble.
- Allow to cool before serving!