- 3 tsp. Colman’s Dry Mustard Powder
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 6 tbsp. flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups sharp white cheddar, grated
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Prepare cauliflower by removing center stalk and breaking into 1 to 2 inch florets. Then add to a large pot, cover with water, and bring to a slight boil. After the water is boiling, cover with a lid, and steam for 6-7 minutes. Then drain cauliflower and pat dry with a paper towel.
- While cauliflower is cooking, melt butter in medium saucepan. Once butter is melted add in flour, whisk together, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Slowly add in milk, whisking continuously to avoid any clumps. Add salt, pepper, and Colman’s Mustard. Allow to thicken for 2-3 minutes. Then fold in cheese, handful at a time, until all cheese is melted.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Transfer cauliflower to cast iron-skillet, cover with cheese sauce, top with additional grated cheese. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes and enjoy!