- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/3 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter (Room Temp)
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 6 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tsp. Tea Powder
- 2 Tsp. Water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine dry ingredients and whisk together.
- In a separate bowl cream together butter and sugar until light.
- Add vanilla extract to butter and sugar mixture and beat to incorporate.
- Mix in half of the flour mixture, followed by the milk.
- Stir in remaining flour mixture until dough comes together into a firm, slightly sticky mass.
- Divide dough into 5 equal pieces and roll into tennis ball-sized rounds.
- Place on a lightly floured surface and flatten each ball into a disc.
- After all balls have been flattened, cut into quarters and arrange on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-15 minutes, until scones are light golden at the edges.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before glazing.
- While scones are cooling combine dry ingredients in a small bowl, whisk together to incorporate.
- Slowly add water until mixture comes together.
- Alternate between adding more water/powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached.
- Once scones have cooled, glaze them by pouring glaze over wire racks.