- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground gloves
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- Melt butter over medium-low heat and continue to cook, swirling occasionally until butter turns golden brown.
- Skim foam from top and remove from heat.
- Pour into bowl to stop the cooling.
- Whisk together flour, baking power, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- In another bowl whiskey together the pumpkin puree, both sugars, eggs, and brown-butter mixture.
- Add in the flour mixture and whisk until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly among lied cups, filling each three-quarters full.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotate tins, then bake for 10 more minutes.
- Transfer tins to wire rack to cool completely before removing cupcakes.
- Beat butter and cream cheese with a mixer on medium-high speed until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low, then add sugar 1 cup at a time.
- Add cinnamon and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Frost cupcakes once they have completely cooled.