I’m sharing #SausageFamily in my life as part of a Johnsonville sponsored series for Socialstars™.
If there’s one soup on repeat at my house of late it’s this Italian Meatball Soup and for good reason. It’s delicious. Not only is it delicious, it’s also quick and easy.
As in, no more than 30 minutes from start to finish, and on those cold, winter nights what’s better than a pipping hot bowl of soup? Not much, IMO. Pair it with a grilled cheese, and you’re good to go.
The real hero of this soup though? Johnsonville Italian Meatballs. They’re ready in a flash and packed with flavor. So much so that a friend commented on how they’re usually not a fan of meatballs, but now they’re hooked.
- 1 pkg. Johnsonville Meatballs
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly diced
- 6 carrots, largely diced
- 6 celery stalks, largely diced
- Head of cabbage, cubed
- 1 can of corn
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 32 oz. beef broth
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 and bake meatballs for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- In stock pan saute onions and garlic in olive oil until fragrant, add carrots and celery and cook until tender.
- Add salt, pepper, chili powder, and tomato paste to vegetables and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- To stock pan add remaining ingredients, bring to boil, before simmering over low heat for at least an hour.
- Once cabbage is tender, add meatballs to soup, and serve immediately.
Before you go.. Like what you see?