Hey, I’m Josh!
Here at The Kentucky Gent I share my adventures in the men's fashion and lifestyle world. Take a look around and let me know what you think.
Filed In: Food
This post is sponsored by Frito-Lay, but as always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Now that horce racing season is over, and life is returning to normal here in Louisville , we all have our eyes set on the next prize. We’ll be spending the warmer months outside as much as possible. For me that means plenty of time at Waterfront Park, trips to the lake, and grilling out with friends. This time of year is hands down my favorite. Gone are the days of staying inside (which I also adore) under a blanket. Now we don our short shorts, lather on the sunscreen, and enjoy the sun. After a long, and fairly cold, winter I seriously need some Vitamin D in my life.
It’s no secret that I’m the one that handles the majority of the cooking with my friend group, something I’m 100% fine with. Because I do show my love through food. But this time of year I enjoy spending as little time in the kitchen as possible, because who wants to be caught up in the kitchen while your friends are outside having fun? Not this guy!
Enter today’s Three Cheese Doritos Stuffed Sliders that are perfect for a day at the lake or any backyard BBQ. And trust me when I say that you’ll be the MVP of the party with these guys. Doritos are worked into the hamburger mix, and then the patties get stuffed with Sharp White Cheddar, Pepperjack, and Mild Cheddar, making them one of the best burgers I’ve ever whipped up.
Better yet there are only a handful of ingredients in the mix, and they can be prepared up to 4 days in advance! So even the most kitchen averse individuals (looking at you fellas!) can tackle these sliders with no problem. Watch the video below or by subscribing to my YouTube channel to see how to make them for yourself, and get more recipe inspiration from Frito-Lay’s Pinterest board!
HOW TO MAKE DORITOS THREE CHEESE STUFFED SLIDERS:
Doritos Three Cheesed Stuffed Sliders
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup crushed Nacho Cheese Doritos
- 1 egg
- Sharp White Cheddar Cheese, thinly sliced
- Pepperjack Cheese, thinly sliced
- Mild Cheddar, thinly sliced
- Season ground beef with salt and pepper, add crushed Doritos and eggs, mix
- together thoroughly.
- Form into patties, fill with sliced cheeses, top with second patty, and seal edges.
- Grill 5-6 minutes per side, remove from grill, and allow to cool.
- Top with desired condiments and enjoy!
- Follow the guide at fda.gov/food/resourcesforyou/consumers/ucm255180.htm for safe handling of meat instructions.
The Kentucky Gent http://thekentuckygent.com/
Disclosure: Messaging below is intended for ages 21+ and is intended to be enjoyed responsibly, in moderation. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RefreshinglyIndependent #CollectiveBias
What better way to celebrate #TacoTuesday than with a delicious and fresh take on traditional tacos?! There’s a local BBQ restaurant in Louisville that serves up Mexican style tacos, and that’s where the inspiration for today’s post comes from. Say hello to BBQ Pulled Pork Tacos, y’all!
But to truly celebrate Summer in all its glory I whipped up a BBQ using Warsteiner Dunkel to take these guys to the next level. Why? Because it’s a Munich-style dark lager with an incredibly smooth taste. Meaning that is pairs perfectly with hearty meats and spicy foods!
Top these beauties off with some fresh corn salsa and a drizzle of BBQ sauce, serve with an ice-cold beer, and it is a feast fit for a king. Ready to try them out for yourself? Get the recipe at the bottom of this post. AND Total Wine is actually having over 450 live events from now until July 1st where you can sample 3 Warsteiner beers – Warsteiner German Pilsener, Warsteiner Dunkel, and Warsteiner Grapefruit.
Plus here are some coupons for $1 Off 6-Pack and $2 Off 12-Pack. Now get to shopping! You can use this Warsteiner Store Finder to find where they’re sold nearest you, and as always, check out Warsteiner.com to keep up-to-date with all brand happenings.
MORE INFO ABOUT WARSTEINER:
- The same German family still brews Warsteiner to this day. Focusing on continuous improvement and innovation in ingredient sourcing, brewing technique, packaging and consumer delight.
- Warsteiner is uniquely brewed in Germany using water from the Arnsberg Forest which sets the scenery right outside and surrounding the brewery. This soft water is ideal for brewing and is in accordance with the German Beer Purity Law of 1516.
- Warsteiner is enjoyed amongst friends and family around the world. In over 70 countries, you can find a Warsteiner.
BBQ Pulled Pork Tacos
- 1 lb. pork ribs
- 12 oz. Warsteiner Dunkle
- 4 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Corn tortillas
- Corn salsa
- Pickled jalapeños
- Fresh cojita cheese
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees, bake ribs on rack in oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cover with foil, and then return to oven for an additional 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool, shred with fork.
- In cast iron skillet add the Warsteiner Dunkle, tomato paste, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper and whisk to combine. Bring to boil, and then reduce over medium-low heat until sauce has thickened.
- Assemble tacos by placing pulled pork in corn tortillas and topping with corn salsa, jalapeños, and cojita cheese then drizzle with BBQ sauce.
The Kentucky Gent http://thekentuckygent.com/